Friday, January 28, 2011

What's Your Curry?

I thought today I would try to curry favor with you (ba-dum ching!) by sharing a super easy and yummy recipe.  I think a little curry is just what this weekend needs.  It doesn't hurt that it's a nice warm meal, and here in Jersey we are suffering through a mini-ice-age, ugh!

I like Indian curry ok, but I really prefer Thai curry.  I have NO idea if I am making authentic Thai curry here, I just added coconut oil, and some coconut milk, and it tasted like Thai curry to me. 

You will need:
Brown rice, cooked
Canned veggies of your choosing (I picked tomatoes, corn, and green beans)
Tofu (I like this brand, companion, because it is braised, yum!)
chopped onion
curry powder (follow the instructions on your container)
coconut oil (3 heaping tbs)
and coconut milk (just put it in a bit at a time, until the color looks good to you)


This recipe is SO easy.
Just toss the onion and coconut oil in a pan, and let it saute' a little.  Then throw in the rest of your veggies, all drained except for the tomatoes.  Add the curry/water mixture.  Let it cook down a bit, then add some coconut milk, and serve over brown rice.  YUM.

The finished product should look a little something like this:



This is the perfect winter evening meal.  Hot, filling, and actually quite nutritious.  Doesn't hurt that it only takes about a half an hour to make from start to finish, too.  The quicker you can finsish cooking, the quicker you can get back on the couch under a warm blanket, in my opinion! :) Stay warm folks, and happy cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment