Friday, September 24, 2010

Man, that is Na-cho cheese!

So three mice are talking, and decide to have lunch.  They go to the grocery store and decide they will each run in and grab some cheese and meet back outside.  The first mouse runs in, and comes out with a wheel of cheese.  The other two ask him what he got.  He looks at the cheese, sniffs it, thinks about it, and says "Well it has holes, so it looks like swiss cheese to me".  The second mouse runs in and comes out.  He looks at his cheese, sniffs it, and makes a face.  He says "Pew!  This cheese reeks, I guess it is Limberger!".  The third mouse runs in and comes out.  He scratches his head, and says, well I think I got Nacho Cheese.  The other two mice examine it, and say "well it doesn't look like it, or smell like it.... what makes you think this is Nacho Cheese?  The little mouse shrugs his shoulders and says "Cause the store clerk who was chasing me kept yelling, Hey man, that is not-yo cheese!". 

*Ba-dum-ching*

Sorry folks, I know it's corny but I couldn't resist.  Especially concerning my love of nacho cheese, or, if we want to be festive, queso!  I love a good plate of Nacho's, as does hubby, so the other night we whipped up these little beauties:


Ohhhh yeah, that's the ticket.  These were really great nacho's.  We covered them in our favorite vegetarian chili (Worthington, which says vegetarian on the container, but I read the ingredients, and as far as I can tell it's vegan.  Anyone know why it wouldn't be?  They usually clearly mark their products as vegan if they are...), a bunch of assorted veggies, Galaxy veggie shreds (I know, casein, I know), tofutti sour cream, salsa, and my own homeade queso dip. 



C'mon, you know you want the recipe.  Go ahead, twist my arm. ;)  Don't worry, it was really easy, and very yummy.  A little spicy, but not hot.  You will need:

    2 cups water
    1/4 cup canned, fire roasted tomatoes
    1 small can of green chilli's (I like Chi Chi's brand)
    1/4 cup raw cashews
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    2 tablespoon corn starch
    1/4 cup nutritional yeast

Put all ingredients in the blender, and run until smooth.  Pour into a sauce pan, and then heat to a simmer until thick.  Stir the whole time.  When done, use as a topping, a sauce or dip.  The perfect snack for watching football this weekend, if you must. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment